Nokia unveils the first dual-SIM Lumia, the 630; the affordable Lumia 635; and the flagship Lumia 930
Nokia announces Windows Phone 8.1 will come to all Lumia smartphones running Windows Phone 8
San Francisco, U.S.A. – Today at Microsoft’s Build 2014, Nokia announced three Lumia smartphones based on Windows Phone 8.1 and a series of exclusive Nokia features. Nokia confirmed that Windows Phone 8.1 is scheduled to be available across the entire Lumia Windows Phone 8 portfolio as an over-the-air update this summer following testing and partner approvals.
- The Nokia Lumia 930 is a flagship smartphone which delivers the best of Microsoft and Lumia for the ultimate video and imaging experience.
- The Nokia Lumia 635 and Nokia Lumia 630 offer an uncompromised Windows Phone 8.1 experience and bring Microsoft and Lumia innovations to more affordable prices.
- The Nokia Lumia 630 comes in two variants and introduces more choice as the first Lumia with dual-SIM, targeted for growth markets like China and India.
- New devices introduce ‘SensorCore’, which provides innovative low-power motion sensing with Bing Health and Fitness – SensorCore SDK also being piloted with select partners ahead of public release.
- Imaging SDK 1.2 BETA is an updated Nokia Lumia SDK that will enable developers to build the next generation of imaging and social apps.
- The entire Lumia range with Windows Phone 8 will get an over-the-air update called Lumia Cyan, which will combine Windows Phone 8.1 and unique Lumia features into one update package.
- Windows Phone 8.1 introduces exciting new features – including more details at glance with LiveTiles, fast Word Flow keyboard and Action Center that help people get closer to things they love.
“Today we are introducing people to the best of Lumia and the best of Microsoft through three stunning devices based on Windows Phone 8.1. In addition to the new developments from Microsoft, Nokia is delivering people an uncompromised imaging experience, great design and better business phones,” said Stephen Elop, executive vice president of Nokia’s Devices & Services. “We’re also pleased to bring the great developments in Windows Phone 8.1 to the Lumia devices people love today.”
People get closer to everything they love with Windows Phone 8.1 on Lumia
Starting this summer, Windows Phone 8.1 is set to roll out to existing Lumia Windows Phone 8 owners along with exclusive Lumia experiences as an over-the-air update called Lumia Cyan. Windows Phone 8.1 introduces more details at-a-glance through Live Tiles, one easy swipe to important notifications with Action Center, faster ways to connect and type with Word Flow and, starting in the US, a personal and proactive virtual assistant called Cortana. In addition, the Windows Phone 8.1 enterprise pack means existing Lumia Windows Phone 8 devices will become better business phones.
Accompanying the Windows Phone 8.1 over-the-air update will be new unique experiences for Lumia that further enhance Nokia’s leadership in imaging. This includes enhancements to the camera roll and Creative Studio, as well as an improved Nokia Storyteller app, for sharing stories as a video slideshow on social networks.
New Lumia smartphones integrate the best of Microsoft and Lumia
The Nokia Lumia 930 is the flagship embodiment of Windows Phone 8.1, and features:
- A 20 megapixel PureView camera with ZEISS optics and advanced Rich Recording, delivering a flawless video and imaging experience with new Living Images innovation.
- A stunning design combining elegant metal and vibrant polycarbonate with a 5-inch ClearBlack screen for unmatched viewing of Vyclone, Netflix and Xbox Video, even in bright daylight.
- A Powerful 2.2GHz Snapdragon quad-core processor delivering more from content like apps, games, the Internet and integrated Microsoft services like OneDrive and Microsoft Office.
The Nokia Lumia 930 is expected to roll out globally in June starting with Europe, Asia, Middle East and India, available from USD 599 before taxes and subsidies.
The Nokia Lumia 630 and Nokia Lumia 635 provide an uncompromised Windows Phone 8.1 experience at an affordable price, and deliver:
- A Snapdragon quad core processor providing a faster social experience with Word Flow and social apps like WhatsApp and WeChat.
- A unique colorful design with changeable shells and 4.5″ ClearBlack screen delivering a great entertainment experience with apps and games including Asphalt 8 and Vimeo.
- More choice with three variants, including the Lumia 630 in 3G single SIM and the first Lumia with 3G Dual SIM; plus the speedy Lumia 635 in 4G/LTE.
- The same experiences as high-end Lumia smartphones including SensorCore with Bing Health and Fitness, Microsoft Office, Nokia Camera, free Nokia MixRadio streaming, and free Global maps and navigation from HERE, which save time and money.
The Nokia Lumia 630 is expected to roll out in May, beginning with Asia, India/Middle East, South America and Europe, at USD 159 for the single-sim variant, and USD 169 for the dual-sim variant before taxes and subsidies. The Nokia Lumia 635 is expected to be broadly available, including in the US starting in this summer, from USD 189 before taxes and subsidies.
Building a winning third ecosystem
Nokia Lumia is making it easier for developers to build the next generation of imaging apps with the updated Nokia Imaging SDK 1.2 Beta. Available starting today at developer.nokia.com/imaging, the latest Imaging SDK features a combination of leading image manipulation capabilities and filter effects for Windows Phone 8.1 and other Windows devices. Nokia also announced that the new SensorCore SDK is being piloted with select partners ahead of public release.
Today, at the annual Build developer conference, Microsoft announced the very highly anticipated Windows Phone 8.1.
Here’re the key enhancements coming with Windows Phone 8.1:
- New Action Centre
- New interactive Lock screen experiences
- 3rd medium column of Live Tiles to all screen sizes.
- New Homescreen background
- Cortana digital assistant powered by Bing
- Support for enterprise VPN and S/MIME
- Updated Calendar w/ week view
- WiFi Sense app: Let you automatically connect to free public hotspots
- Independent volume controls
- New calling screen
- New shape writing on WindowsPhone 8.1 keyboard
- Internet Explorer 11 with in private browsing
- New enhancements to the WP 8.1 Store, including personalised suggestions
The Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL are priced to capture the fast-growing affordable smartphone market and provide an on-ramp to Lumia and Microsoft services like Skype, OneDrive and outlook.com.
- The Nokia Asha 230 is Nokia’s most affordable full-touch Asha device to date, priced at BD 23
- The Nokia 220 is an Internet-ready mobile phone with social apps, priced at only BD 16
Manama, Bahrain – 24 March 2014 – Today Nokia and Intercol, the distributor for Nokia in Bahrain, showcased five new affordable handsets in Bahrain. Senior Nokia representative reiterated its commitment to connecting the next billion to the Internet by introducing Nokia X, a family of smartphones that run Android™ apps, Microsoft services and signature Nokia experiences, to the Bahraini market.
Vithesh Reddy, General Manager, Nokia Lower Gulf, commented: “Nokia has connected billions of people around the world, and we have demonstrated how our portfolio is designed to connect the next billion people to great experiences. The Nokia X family boasts Nokia’s iconic, high quality hardware design in a range of vibrant colours. Nokia X also brings the best of Nokia signature services such as HERE mapping, as well as great Microsoft services such as OneDrive and access to the world of Android apps.
Dinesh Ramankutty, General Manager, Intercol comments; “Nokia’s increasing portfolio and large number of apps will help in meeting the growing demand for new technology and innovation from consumers in Bahrain. The introduction of the Nokia X family in Bahrain will give consumers more reasons to consider Nokia due to its sleek design and unique offering.
Nokia X family delivers the best of all worlds
The Nokia X family features Nokia’s renowned handset quality and design, with a fresh, tile-based user interface inspired by our Lumia family. All devices come with Fastlane, a screen which lets people switch between their favorite apps more smoothly. People can access curated, quality-tested apps from Nokia Store, more than a dozen third-party app stores and by sideloading. Out of the box, they can enjoy signature Nokia experiences including free HERE Maps, with true offline maps and integrated turn-by-turn navigation. All devices are also pre-loaded with a variety of third-party apps and games.
The first device, the Nokia X, comes with a 4” IPS capacitive display and 3MP camera. The Nokia X+ is optimised for multimedia enthusiasts, who can enjoy even more games, music, photos and video thanks to more memory and storage. Both the Nokia X and X+ will be available in bright green, bright red, cyan, yellow, black and white . The third family member, the Nokia XL, boasts a 5” display with 2MP front-facing camera – ideal for Skype video calls – and a 5MP rear-facing, autofocus camera with flash. The Nokia XL will be available in bright green, orange, cyan, yellow, black and white. The entire Nokia X family is powered by the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ dual core processor and supports Dual SIM, letting people switch SIM cards to get better tariffs.
The Nokia X is available now, is priced at BD 46 and The Nokia X+ and Nokia XL will be available in Q2.
Beautifully crafted phones for the “mobile first” generation: Nokia Asha 230 and Nokia 220
Adding to the popular Asha range of devices, the Nokia Asha 230 is the ideal introduction to full-touch mobile phones. The Nokia Asha 230 includes all the benefits of the Asha Platform, including Fastlane and access to popular social apps like Line, WeChat and WhatsApp. One swipe up from the lockscreen activates the Nokia Asha 230’s camera, and one touch enables people to share images to their favourite social network. With a forthcoming software update, the Nokia Asha 230 will introduce 7GB of free cloud storage on Microsoft OneDrive, and the option to automatically back up photos to the cloud.
Nokia also introduced its lowest-priced, data-enabled phone: the beautifully designed Nokia 220, which makes the mobile Internet accessible to more people around the world. With its 2.4” colour screen, dust- and splash-proof keypad, the Nokia 220 is a well-crafted choice for people experiencing mobility and the Internet for the first time, with Facebook and Twitter pre-loaded and Bing as the default search engine in the pre-loaded Nokia Xpress browser.
Retail price for the Nokia 220 start at BD 16 and the Nokia Asha 230, the most affordable Asha touch device ever is priced at BD 23. Both products are available in single and Dual SIM variants and are available now in Intercol and all leading electronic outlets in Bahrain.
Nokia will be holding a press conference in Bahrain on Monday to launch the Nokia X, I believe this launch will be simultaneous across the GCC. The Nokia X is already exceeding expectations and it will be a great opportunity to see the device and see what Nokia has in store for us. The Lumia Blog will be covering the event and we will bring you the latest news and our thoughts about the Nokia X Family.
Stay tuned on Monday for the Nokia X Press Event.
GCC Emergency Dialler is a simple app that holds predefined emergency numbers of Police, Fire and Ambulance, in the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council). If you are visiting Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, and Oman.
You can either Try the app which is a fully functional version of the app with no advertisement and if you really like the app and think it is worth the 0.99 cents you can buy it and support the development of future updates.
I would appreciate if you can send me your feed back before giving bad reviews about the app. I would really be interested to know what you think about the app. My E-Mail is email@example.com
The App relies on HERE maps and HERE Drive to be able to locate the nearest Police Station and Nearest Hospital.
Welcome to the Fastlane! http://www.nokia.com/go